Request a free quote
What Is CE Mark?
A symbol applied to products to indicate that they conform with relevant EU directives regarding health and safety or environmental protection.
The CE mark is required for all new products which are subject to one or more of the European product safety Directives. It is a visible sign that the manufacturer of the product is declaring conformity with all of the Directives relating to that product.
When is the CE Mark required?
Most new products placed on the European market must be CE marked. This will include products which are "new" to Europe, that is second-hand products from outside Europe and which are put into service or placed on the market in Europe for the first time, and existing products which are so substantially modified as to be considered "new". However, some work equipment, that is not powered or used to lift - such as hand tools, racking and ladders - does not currently come within the scope of any product safety Directive and so must not be CE marked.
How do I CE Mark my product?
If CE marking is required, in addition to the other steps of the CE marking process (see below), you must:
- Use the initials "CE" in the prescribed form (see the grid below)
- Of a minimum size - at least 5mm tall (unless this is not possible for very small products)
- Maintaining the proportions shown whatever the size, and
- Attach it to the product visibly, legibly and indelibly,
- In the immediate vicinity of the name of the manufacturer or his authorised representative.
Just provide some preliminary information and a our team will contact you as soon as possible.
Attach it to the product visibly, legibly and indelibly