Request a free quote
What is Debt Recovery?
Under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, a debt collector generally is a person or a company that regularly collects debts owed to others, usually when those debts are past-due. Debt collectors include collection agencies or lawyers who collect debts as part of their business.
Debt Recovery is sometimes known as 'Other Accounts', 'Miscellaneous Invoices' or 'Sundry Debts'.
The council charges for some services it provides for example Trade Waste, Planning Fees, Social Services accommodation, etc.
Examples of other invoices issued include collection of Commercial Rents, collection of amounts for the non-return of Library items.
You could also get an invoice to repay an overpayment of Housing Benefits you were not entitled to.
These Invoices are in addition to the bills you may receive for Council Tax and / or Business Rates.
These bills are payable on receipt. If you feel the invoice you have received is incorrect you need to contact the service which issued the bill / invoice to discuss or dispute it.
A full list of services is available to you :
- Commercial Debt Recovery
- Consumer Debt Recovery
- Bulk Letter Service for volume debtors
- Undisclosed Credit Control
- Sales Ledger Management
- Insolvency Book Debt Collection
- Company/Land Registry Searches
- Status Reports & Credit Checks
- Enquiry Agents & Tracing services
- Advice and guidance on account opening procedures (e.g. Incorporation of Terms and Conditions & Retention of Title)
- Nationwide Process Serving of documents
Just provide some preliminary information and a our team will contact you as soon as possible.
We provide general guidance on Debt Recovery.