Request a free quote
What Is ISI Mark?
ISI mark is a certification mark for industrial products in India. The mark certifies that a product conforms to the Indian Standard,mentioned as IS:xxxx on top of the mark, developed by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the national standards body of India. The ISI mark is by far the most recognized certification mark in the Indian subcontinent. The name ISI is an abbreviation of Indian Standards Institute, the former name of the Bureau of Indian Standards. The ISI mark is mandatory for certifying products to be sold in India, like many of the electrical appliances viz; switches, electric motors, wiring cables, heaters, kitchen appliances etc., and other products like portland cement, LPG valves, LPG cylinders, automotive tyres etc. But in the case of most other products it is voluntary
Documents and Information required for grant of Licence Under Product Certification Scheme of BIS:
- Self Evaluation -cum- Verification Report.
- Copy of test report(s), duly authenticated, from independent BIS recognized laboratory indicating conformance of the product to relevant Indian Standard(s). It shall not be more than one month old.
- Document authenticating establishment of the firm, such as Registration by Company Registrar or State Authority or Memorandum of Article in case Applicant Firm is a Limited Company or Partnership Deed in case the applicant firm is under Partnership.
- Certificate from concerned regulatory agencies like Central Insecticide Board (CIB), Chief Controller of Explosive (CCE) and Drug Controller etc., as applicable.
- SSI Certificate in case firm is a small scale unit (if concession in Marking Fee is required).
- Drawing of the product (as applicable).
- Pay Order/Demand Draft in favour of Bureau of Indian Standards payable at New Delhi for:
- Rs. 1000/= + Taxes, as applicable (Application Fee)
- Rs. 4000/= + Taxes, as applicable (Preliminary Inspection Charges).
- Undertaking and Indemnity Bond on non-judicial stamp paper of the value of Rs. 100/- along with the application with a request for blocking licence number. Specimen of the undertaking/bond is enclosed. Furnishing of such undertaking-cum-Indemnity Bond by the Proprietor / Partner of the form is a must for the products under mandatory certification. List of products under mandatory certification is available on BIS web site. www.bis.org.in
Just provide some preliminary information and a our team will contact you as soon as possible.
The mark certifies that a product conforms to the Indian Standard